Key 2017 Dates
- First Call for Papers – March 28th
- Last Call for Papers – April 22nd
- Presentation and Posters Due – May 10th
- Registration Deadline for Students – May 15th
Who does the program serve? High School and College Students in the Indianapolis Area are selected to participate in this national program.
What does the program do? The National BDPA Information Technology (IT) Showcase allows student presenters from educational institutions across the United States, to present and demonstrate their research. The presentations represent advanced computing and technical topics presented by college and high school students to an audience of corporate representatives and IT professionals.
Students participate in the event held during the annual National BDPA Technology Conference. The focus of this event includes, but is not limited to, intelligent technologies (i.e., smart toys, machine learning, and genetic algorithms, etc.), wearable computing technologies, web technologies, parallel computing technologies, computing curricula, business intelligence, etc.
When does the program meet? The BDPA Indianapolis Chapter program schedule for 2017 is TBD. We are in the process of planning program dates and times.
The BDPA National Information Technology Showcase is held in conjunction with the BDPA National Technology Conference. This year the conference will be held in Cincinnati, Ohio from July 26 – 29, 2017 and the students meet daily from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Where does the program meet? The local program meeting location is TBD. The national program meets at the BDPA Annual Technology Conference and Career Fair. This year the conference will be held in Cincinnati, Ohio from July 26 – 29, 2017.
How are the participants of the program served?
- Improved performance on Advanced Placement (AP) CS test (HS students)
- Increased time spent utilizing BDPA sponsored curriculum
- Improved the students research skills
- Improved the students oral presentation skills
- Increased the opportunities to win local and national NBDPA scholarships
- Increased interest and commitment to a career in information technology
- Increased opportunities to support the NBDPA mission and vision
- Provided access to corporate decision makers and internship opportunities
- Provided access to the NBDPA Career Fair
The BDPA IT Showcase is co-sponsored by Eli Lilly & Company and Johnson & Johnson.
BDPA Indianapolis Leadership: Stephen Jeffers