Who does the program serve? This program serves girls enrolled in public and private elementary, middle, and high school. Our group is comprised of girls who reside in Boone, Hamilton, and Marion counties. There are currently 9 girls in our group, and they selected TransformHers as their team name.
What does the program do? The program is a multifaceted experience for all girls no mater their age or grade. The program offerings/goals can be summed up in the following points.
- Discovery of the fun in science and technology
- Real-world application of science and math concepts
- Hands on problem solving
- Programming experience
- Research presentation project
- Adult role models
- Team activities guided by FIRST LEGO Core Values
- Self esteem and confidence
When does the program meet? The group meets on a weekly basis, on Saturday morning from 9-11 a.m. When deemed necessary by the team coaches additional meetings are scheduled at a mutually agreeable time.
Where does the program meet? Our weekly meetings are held at Ryan Consulting Group located at 9515 East 96th Street #C, Indianapolis, IN 46037.
How are the participants of the program served? Through the adult guidance and the LEGO Core Values children (girls) will:
- Learn teamwork skills
- Build self-confidence, knowledge, and career and life skills
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Design, build and program autonomous robots
- Engage with their community
- May compete in tournaments and present their solutions to a panel of judges
We need volunteers!
BDPA Indianapolis Leadership: Donna Carroll